These Tuna Nachos are a tasty snack for any fun gathering. I used @wildplanetfoods sustainable Wild Albacore Tuna to make them. Wild Planet’s canned Wild Albacore Tuna is 100% pole and line caught, made with only tuna and is not packed in water or oil so you get the best quality tasting tuna. They work hard everyday to ensure their practices and products are helping to keep our oceans wild and our planet protected for future generations.
To learn more about Wild Planet Foods and their sustainable practices click here.
- 8 – 10 ounces of tortilla chips.
- 1 5 ounce can of Wild Albacore Tuna. (I used Wild Planet Foods)
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed.
- 1 plum tomato diced.
- 1/2 an avocado diced.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 -1/2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 sliced jalapeño
- Lime wedges, sour cream, and chopped cilantro for garnish.
Arrange tortilla chips onto a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan and evenly layer with the black beans. Break up the tuna with a fork and top over the black bean mixture, then top with the sharp shredded cheddar cheese. Place into the oven and heat until the cheese melts. (approx.. 8 minutes). Top with diced tomatoes, avocado, red onion and jalapeños. Add sour cream if desired and garnish with lime and fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes