If you love potato salad but want something a little different from the usual mayo and vinegar flavor, try this one with a twist! Made with creamy Greek yogurt, tangy BBQ sauce and smoky crispy bacon this tasty side dish with tantalize your taste buds. Here is how to make it!
1.5 lbs. red potatoes (about 6 medium-sized)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/3 cup scallions, chopped
1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
5 slices of bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, full fat
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dry mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of parsley roughly chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Cut red potatoes into small one inch pieces, leaving the peel on.
3. Spread onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss to coat spread evenly on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool.
8. In a large bowl, add yogurt, BBQ sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder and dry mustard.
9. Mix well until smooth and creamy.
10. Add the potatoes, celery, scallions, red bell pepper and crumbled bacon.
11. Mix all ingredients together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
12. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
13. Transfer to serving bowl and top with fresh chopped parsley.