If you love potato salad but want something a little different from the usual mayo and vinegar flavor, try this one with a twist! Made with creamy Greek yogurt, tangy BBQ sauce and smoky crispy bacon this tasty side dish with tantalize your taste buds. Here is how to make it!
- 1.5 lbs. red potatoes (about 6 medium-sized)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of parsley roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut red potatoes into small one inch pieces, leaving the peel on.
- Spread onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, BBQ sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder and dry mustard.
- Mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Add the potatoes, celery, scallions, red bell pepper and crumbled bacon.
- Mix all ingredients together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with fresh chopped parsley.