This flaky oven baked almond crusted cod is one of my favorite ways to eat fish. The crispy nutty crust on the outside is filled with flavor and brings out the light flaky goodness on the inside. It’s made with Blue Circle Foods sustainable Atlantic wild-caught cod. Each filet is conveniently portioned into individual vacuum sealed packs.
Blue Circle sources its wild-caught fish from singular regions like Iceland using only sustainable methods to avoid by-catch and protect our oceans. Blue Circle products are certified sustainable by organizations and are free from antibiotics, GMOs, growth hormones, gluten, sugar and synthetic pigments.
Find out more information about Blue Circle seafood, how to buy on their website and receive 15% off, use code welcome2bcf at checkout. https://www.bluecirclefoods.com/shop
Almond Crusted Baked Cod
Prep / Cook time: 30 minutes
4 wild cod fish fillets (I used Blue Circle Foods wild Atlantic frozen cod fillets thawed).
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground paprika
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of a lemon
Lemon slices and wedges
1) Preheat oven to 425 F. Place lemon slices down as a platform for the fish in a 9 x 6 baking dish or parchment lined baking sheet. Pat cod fillets dry with paper towel.
2) In a shallow bowl add the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt and ground black pepper and combine.
3) In another shallow bowl combine extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
4) Drench each cod fillet one by one into the olive oil lemon mixture then place each drenched fillet into the almond flour mixture and generously coat on both sides of the fish.
5) Place each coated fillet on top of the lemon slices on the baking sheet or dish.
6) Bake in oven for 16 minutes. Set oven to broil and brown on the tops watching carefully to prevent burning 2-4 minutes.